|Celebrate Dover Days!|
Mark Your Calendars Now! May 6-8, 2016You can claim Dover, Delaware, the Capital City of the First State, as your state capital during the 83rd anniversary celebration of the Dover Days Festival!
Advance registration is open for these select activities--
Click HERE for the 2016 Pet Parade Registration
Click HERE for the 2016 Car Show Registration with the NEW Friday Night Cruise In!
Our website will be updated periodically throughout the year in preparation for the 2016 event.
The following information pertains to our 2015 event....
The event drew more than 50,000 people in 2015, proving to be the largest free family festival in Kent County! The festival is a celebration of history, heritage, culture and the arts -- a blend of traditions and contemporary events that brings people to Delaware from all over the Mid-Atlantic Region. It wouldn't be unusual to experience festival-goers in Victorian or Colonial attire strolling the streets while enjoying your weekend. There's an abundance of lodging options to suit your needs from luxury to economy, full-service to suite hotels. Lodging tax is a low 8%! Here is a list of partner hotels that have previously offered special rates for Dover Days attendees and vendors:
- Days Inn Dover
- Residence Inn Dover
- Best Western Dover
- Hampton Inn, Milford
- Hampton Inn, Dover
- Home 2 Suites By Hilton
A sample of new events at our 2015 Dover Days Festival:
- Dover Days Princess Teas;
- Lincoln and Civil War Speaker Series
- History, Heritage and Hops Brewfest Saturday night;
- Brewfest Bands: Mike Hines & The Look, Trailer Park Casanovas, The Brothers Stonesifer
- "Fried Okra" Civil War-era music
- Chris Clark Stunt Bicycle Shows
- "13 The Musical," excerpts from this Broadway play Friday night
- Kids Clothesline Coloring Contest Art Show on The Green
- "Two Civil War Soldiers," performed by Fort Delaware re-enactors
- Three-day Civil War encampment on The Green
- Candlelight tours of the Civil War encampment Friday and Saturday nights
- Energize Delaware section with information on home and office energy options
- Delaware's Cup Stacking Champion
Dover Days is one of Delaware's longest-running events that celebrates First State history. Here are a few fun facts about Dover Days:
- The event was started in 1933 as a home and garden tour.
- It is a jam-packed weekend of fun for the whole family -- from the Kids Zone to the classic car show and 350 artisans, crafters and food vendors, you'll find something for everyone!
- You can see 300 children in colonial attire dancing around the maypole on Dover's historic Green, named a National Monument in 2013 by Pres. Barack Obama.
- Enjoy the Capital City's largest parade and pet parade (yes, it's a pet friendly event!).
- Explore Revolutionary War, Civil War and World War II encampments.
- Visit Woodburn, the home of the Governor.
- More than 40 food purveyors will serve up everything from delicious barbecue to popcorn, peanuts and pizza.