Join us for the 2014 Dover Days Festival, May 2-4!
You can claim Dover, Delaware, the Capital City of the First State, as your state capital May 2-4, 2014 during the 81st anniversary celebration of the Dover Days Festival!
The event drew nearly 50,000 people in 2013, proving to be the largest free family festival in Kent County! It is a celebration of history, heritage, culture and the arts. The festival is a blend of traditions and modern attractions that brings people to Delaware from all over the Mid-Atlantic Region. It wouldn't be unusual to don Victorian or Colonial refinery and stroll the streets while enjoying your weekend, and there's an abundance of lodging options to suit your needs from luxury to economy, full-service to suite hotels.
Dover Days is one of Delaware's longest-running events that celebrates First State history. Here are a few fun facts about Dover Days:
- The event was started in 1933 as a home and garden tour. To celebrate the 81st anniversary and the hit TV Show Downton Abbey, this year's theme is Dover Days Dresses Downton.
- It is a jam-packed weekend of fun for the whole family -- from the Kids Zone to the classic car show and 350 artisans, crafters and food vendors, you'll find something for everyone!
- You can see 300 children in colonial attire dancing around the maypole on Dover's historic Green, named a National Monument in 2013 by Pres. Barack Obama.
- Enjoy the Capital City's largest parade and pet parade (yes, it's a pet friendly event!).
- Explore Revolutionary War and Civil War encampments.
- Visit Woodburn, the home of the Governor.
- More than 40 food purveyors will serve up everything from delicious barbecue to popcorn, peanuts and pizza.
Check out our new television commercial that is running on WBOC-TV and Fox Channel 29!
Also, like us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information!